Pristina is the capital and largest city of Kosovo. It is the administrative centre of the homonymous municipality and district. Pristina is a modern city with a variety of things to see and do. The city has a number of historical landmarks, as well as a vibrant nightlife and shopping scene. Here are some of the best things to see and do in Pristina:
– Visit the Old Town: Pristina’s Old Town is home to a number of historical landmarks, including the Clock Tower, the Sultan’s Mosque, and the Stone Bridge. The Old Town is also a great place to enjoy some traditional Kosovo cuisine.
– Browse the shops at Bill Clinton Boulevard: This pedestrian street is lined with shops, cafes, and restaurants. It’s the perfect place to do some shopping or people watching.
– Check out the Mother Teresa Cathedral: This beautiful cathedral is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Pristina. It was built in honor of Mother Teresa, who was born in Kosovo.
– Relax in Germia Park: This is a large park located on the outskirts of Pristina. It’s a great place to take a walk, have a picnic, or just relax in nature.
– Visit the Kosovo Museum: This museum is a great way to learn about the history and culture of Kosovo. It houses a number of exhibitions on topics such as traditional crafts, music, and art.
– Take a stroll down Pristina’s main street, Mother Teresa Boulevard: This pedestrian street is the perfect place to do some window shopping or people watching. It’s also home to a number of shops, cafes, and restaurants.
– Visit the Newborn Monument: This monument was erected in 2014 to commemorate Kosovo’s independence from Serbia. It’s a must-see for anyone visiting Pristina.
There is a wide range of accommodation options in Pristina, from luxury hotels to budget-friendly hostels and AirBnb-s. Here are some of the best places to stay in Pristina:
– Hotel Grand: This 5-star hotel is located in the heart of Pristina. It offers luxurious accommodations, a full-service spa, and a rooftop restaurant with views of the city.
– Radisson Blu Hotel: This 4-star hotel is located just a short walk from Mother Teresa Boulevard. It offers spacious rooms, a fitness center, and an on-site restaurant.
– Stone Bridge Hotel: This 3-star hotel is located in the Old Town district of Pristina. It offers simple but comfortable rooms, a 24-hour front desk, and a breakfast buffet.
– Pristina Hostel: This budget-friendly hostel is located just a short walk from the Albanian National Library. It offers dormitory-style rooms, a common kitchen, and a TV lounge.
– Guest House Dukagjini: This guest house is located in a quiet residential area of Pristina. It offers comfortable rooms, a garden, and a breakfast buffet.